Preventative Cosmetic Dentistry
What may seem like a minor cosmetic blemish could develop into a complex dental health concern.
Visiting a local AACD dentist could help you protect your oral health. Small chips, breaks, or even one crooked tooth could not only keep you from smiling, but it may also result in the need for more complex dental treatments.
Treating cosmetic concerns as soon as possible can help prevent further damage to your teeth and gums. AACD Dentists are highly knowledgeable and trained in how to address dental health concerns adequately. Cosmetic dentistry goes beyond just aesthetics, AACD dentists address the underlying functional causes of csoemtic concerns that can make you self-conscious of your natural smile. An AACD dentist can repair your teeth and gums and provide natural looking, comfortable and beautiful smiles.
Discovering the Link – Cosmetic Dentistry & Oral Health
- Crooked teeth– Crooked teeth can make it difficult to brush or floss. Patients with crooked teeth tend to be more prone to tooth decay, gum disease, and complex bite disorders. Early intervention and treatment of crooked teeth could allow for conservative treatment using clear aligners for a discreet way to straighten crooked teeth.
- Gaps between teeth- Gap teeth can make room for food debris, bacteria, and tooth decay. Closing gaps inbetween teeth with clear braces, or dental bonding or veneers can make you feel more confident in your smile and reduce the risk of cavities.
- Damaged teeth- Cracks, chips or breaks in teeth allow bacteria to enter the inner layers of your tooth. Broken teeth increase the risk of needing a root canal, but if caught early, a cosmetic dentist can use bonding, veneers or a dental crown to seal out bacteria and potential decay.
- Missing teeth- Having missing teeth can be embarrassing and cause you to hide your smile. Replacing missing teeth not only improves the apperance of your smile making increasing your confidence, but it can also prevent bone loss, facial sagging, gum recession, and periodontal disease.
- Receding Gumline– A receding gum line can throw your smile off balance. A cosmetic dentist can restore a receding gumline bringing an aesthetic balance between your gums and teeth. Treating a receding gumline early on can prevent teeth from becoming loose or even tooth loss.
LOOKING FOR AN AACD DENTIST?
If you would like to schedule a consultation with an AACD member or accredited dentist in your local area, click here for a geographical list of our members. To learn more about the value of choosing an AACD dentist click here for more detailed information on the member credentialing process.